Checkout the slides that were cover the event. Please feel free to post any questions or comments. Let us know what
Steps to getting started:
- Sign up for DreamSpark using your student account
- Note: That IN ADDITION you may also want to stop by the systems group and register for DreamSpark Premium. This will allow you to get a FULL access key to Windows 8 as opposed to a 90 day trial.
- Sign up for GenerationApp
- Go to https://www.dreamspark.com/Student/Windows-Store-Access.aspx to get your promotion code to waiver your Windows 8 Store Developer Fees
- Now head to https://appdev.microsoft.com/StorePortals/ and create your developer account. Don’t forgot to use your code from the previous step.
- Your account is all set up so it’s time to download and install Windows 8 and Visual Studio. Both are available from DreamSpark.
Make and publish your app
Keep in the loop with how you application is coming along. Every who publishes and app before 10-26 will get a $25 gift card.
We will be hosting weekly events to help go over how to create a cool Windows 8 App so let us know what you want to learn.