Using the johannilsson android-actionbar library
Although the action bar widget is only supported in Android 3.0 and greater, you can use an action bar library to add an action bar to applications targeted for earlier versions of the Android.
2. Extract the file
3. In Eclipse go to File –> New –> Android Project
4. Select Create a project from existing source and give the project a name
5. Then for Location, browse to where you extracted the actionbar library files
6. Click Finish, and the actionbar library is now added to your workspace
7. In your package explorer, right click the project you want to add an action bar to, and click Properties
8. Under the Library section, click the Add button, select the actionbar library project, and click OK
9. The action bar library has now been added to your project.
10. For examples and information on how to use the actionbar library in your project, click here