Find Task, Complete, Upload, Submit
After you have created both accounts it’s time to find a task.
Find a task on Bugzilla that needs to be done.
- Click the browse option from your Bugzilla account.
- Select a project and a component to view all open tasks.
- Click a bug id of the task you pledge to complete to open a detailed view.
- Make sure that the “status” field is CONFIRMED.
- Change the “status” field to IN_PROGRESS.
- Change the “assigned to” field to be yourself. This will let everyone know that you are working on that task.
- Click save.
- You will first need to clone the source code for the project.
$git clone ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org:29418/project/path/ProjectName.git
- Pull the script to automatically create the “change-id” field in your commit messages.
$scp -p -P 29418 email@example.com:hooks/commit-msg .git/hooks/
- You can now import that project into Eclipse, make your changes, and manage your own local git repo.
- Configure git to push your current branch to Gerrit’s code review branch. Note you only have to do this once per project clone.
$git config remote.origin.push refs/heads/*:refs/for/*
- In your commit message copy and paste URL from Bugzilla of the task that you are completing. For example: http://mobile.cs.fsu.edu/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2 This let’s use easily view the bug from inside of Gerrit.
- Put your changes on Gerrit.
Note: Make sure you have the .gitignore file included in your project’s home directory. This will prevent all your generated files from being added.
- Add a reviewer to your code.
- Wait to hear back from the reviewer. You will be notified by email once the review has happened.
- Most likely your first few changes will get kicked back from some reason. Address all the comments from the reviewer and reupload. This time you will have to amend to your commit. DO NOT create another commit.
$git commit ––amend
Submit your Change Log
Once your CL have been approved with a +2 your code is ready to merged into our repo.
- Click the “Submit” button in Gerrit. This option will only appear after a reviewer has given you a +2.
- Copy the URL of the submission that Gerrit creates.
- Paste the URL in “Additional Comments” under that task’s detailed view in Bugzilla. This let’s everyone easily go directly to the change that fixed this bug.
- Also in the detailed view, change the status to RESOLVED. This marks the task as complete.
- Click save and do a dance. You have contributed to The Mobile Lab. Go tell your mother. Thanks.